The pigmented skin or “ethnic skin” population has been a major group in the United States and originally comes from Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia. Ethnic skin patients have made many cosmetic dermatologists and surgeons hesitant to perform surgeries or skin procedures because of a fear of increased pigmentation and scarring complications. However, by appreciating the influences of structural and functional differences, such as increased melanin, follicular reactivity, and fibroblast reactivity, experienced physicians effectively and comfortably treat this patient population.
ETHNIC & ASIAN SKIN CARE
As a highly trained and experienced physician, Dr. Son Nguyen has acquired the knowledge of adverse reactions in darker skin, modification of surgical techniques, racial differences, and awareness of cultural issues specific to these patient populations.
Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin caused by increased melanin production of melanocytes. It can detract significantly from your appearance and it is the main reason for cosmetic dermatology or skin expert visits.
Hyperpigmentation is the result of either of two occurrences:
(1) An abnormally high concentration of melanocytes produces melanin.
(2) Melanocytes are hyperactive. Which is caused by sun exposure, which stimulates the production of melanin.
Dr. Son Nguyen of Stone Mountain Skin Health Center is an expert and a pioneer in the field of ethnic skin. Dr. Nguyen offers a completely customized plan of treatment unique to each individual and their ultimate goals with combined advanced laser technology, chemical peels and comprehensive medication plans. The treatment will go as this:
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing and Fraxel restoration for serious hyperpigmentation and sun damaged skin.
- Salicylic acid chemical peel and TCA chemical peels improve skin coloration, and refresh rough and hyperpigmented skin.
- ZO Stimulation peel, ZO three -step peel and controlled Deep Peels, which were developed by Dr Zein E Obagi for serious hyperpigmentation and sun damaged skin.
- Q Switched ruby laser and Nd:YAG laser: the Quanta Q-Plus C ® and the MedLite® Laser are the FDA approved latest technologies to treat hyperpigmentation and aging facial skin for improving appearance of skin.
- Vbeam® Perfecta Laser is a revolutionary laser designed to treat underlying vasculature and epidermal pigmented lesions without damaging the surface of the skin. It is the most effective laser in treatment of rosacea and facial blood vessels.
If you’re interested in learning more about the different types of treatment plans for your pigmented skin disorders, we encourage you to contact our pigmentation skin expert to schedule your initial consultation by calling (678) 786-1118, (770) 508-8241 (Spanish), or (404) 989-1015 (Vietnamese).