Expert HYPERPIGMENTATION- SKIN OF COLOR- SKIN AGING in Atlanta
Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin caused by increased melanin production of melanocytes. It can detract significantly from your appearance and is the main reason for cosmetic dermatology and skin expert visits.
Hyperpigmentation is the result of either of two occurrences:
(1) An abnormally high concentration of melanocytes produce melanin.
(2) When melanocytes are hyperactive. For instance, sun exposure stimulates the production of melanin.
Hyperpigmentation can be contributed to by many causes:
- Aging Skin-Solar Lentigenes : Sun damage(Photodamage) especially exposes with excess sun- widely known as ‘sun spots,’ ‘age spots’ and ‘liver spots and associated with deep wrinkles and thin skin (atrophy).
- Drug-induced hyperpigmentation: exposure to a wide range pharmacologic agents – Chemotherapy , heavy metals, chloroquine, minocycline or amiodarone.
- Acanthosis nigricans: a marker of one of the common endocrine disorders: hypothyroidism, diabetes, pituitary disease or taking oral contraceptives.
- Solar Lentigenes : Sun damage especially with excess sun exposure – widely known as ‘sun spots,’ ‘age spots’ and ‘liver spots.
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation: skin injuries, including those related to acne vulgaris or allergic reaction, skin thermal or physical trauma. Especially, people with darker, Asian, Latin American, Mexican, Mediterranean, or African skin tones are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Ochronosis: especially, It typically presents as hydroquinone prescribed cream abusers. Recently, this condition has become a problem of Asians, Hispanics and Caucasians who have tried to lighten their skin color with hydroquinone.
- Nevus of Ota, Nevus of Ito, and Nevus of Hori. Nevus of Ota and Ito are caused by the entrapment of melanocytes in the upper third of the dermis. Nevus of Ota is found on the face unilaterally and involves the first two branches of the trigeminal nerve. The sclera is involved in two-thirds of cases. Nevus of Ito is found on shoulders or upper arms. Nevus of Hori (Acquired bilateral nevus of Ota-like macules-ABNOM) is similar to nevus of Ota but is on both sides of the face.
Dr. Son Nguyen of Stone Mountain Skin Health Center is an expert and a pioneer in the field of hyperpigmentation and anti-aging advanced laser technologies and procedures. Dr. Nguyen offers a completely customized plan of treatment unique to each individual and their ultimate goals with combined advanced laser technology, chemical peels and comprehensive medication plans:
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing and Fraxel Re:Store for serious hyperpigmentation and sun damaged skin.
- Salicylic acid chemical peel and TCA chemical deep Peels to improve skin coloration, refresh rough and hyperpigmented skin.
- ZO Stimulation peel , ZO three -Step peel and Controlled Deep peels : developed by Dr Zein E Obagi for serious hyperpigmentation and sun damaged skin .
- Q Switched ruby laser and Nd:YAG laser: the Quanta Q-Plus C ® and MedLite® Laser are the FDA approved latest technologies to treat hyperpigmentation and aging facial skin for improving appearance of skin.
- Vbeam® Perfecta Laser is a revolutionary laser designed to treat underlying vasculature and epidermal pigmented lesions without damaging the surface of the skin. It is the most effective laser in treatment of rosacea and facial blood vessels.
The Stone Mountain Skin Health Center is the premier destination in the Atlanta area for expert HYPERPIGMENTATION- SKIN OF COLOR- SKIN AGING. Our board-certified physician is highly trained in laser aesthetics including skin hyperpigmentation to ensure better results with less downtime.
If you’re interested in learning more about the different types of treatment plans, chemical peels and laser procedures that can help reduce the amount of hyperpigmentation spots and aging skin on your skin, we encourage you to contact our pigmentation skin expert to schedule your initial consultation by calling (678) 786-1118, (770) 508-8241 (Spanish), or (404) 989-1015 (Vietnamese).
One of the biggest points of pride for us is that we have the ability to develop a completely customized plan of treatment unique to each individual and their ultimate goals.
For additional information about the comprehensive treatment plans, various chemical peel and laser treatments procedures in Atlanta offered by Dr. Son Nguyen of Stone Mountain Skin Health Center, please contact us today.